A recipe for Essiac Tea
4 or 5 gallon stainless steel pot
2 gallon stainless steel pot, with lid
Stainless steel fine-mesh double strainer
Stainless steel funnel
Stainless steel spatula
12 or more 16 ounce amber glass bottles with air tight caps (not childproof caps)
2 gallons of sodium-free distilled water
(453 g - 53%) 6 ½ cups (680g) Burdock Root - finely cut ( Arctium Lappa )
(453 g - 53%) 16 oz. Wild Sheep Sorrel Herb - powdered ( Rumex Acetosella )
(113 g - 36%) 1 oz. Turkey (Turkish) Rhubarb Root - powdered ( Rheum Palmatum )
(28.4 g - 9%) 4 oz. Slippery Elm Bark - powdered ( Ulmus Fulva )
Note: There are a couple of types of Sheep Sorrel that exist; "Hybrid or Domestic Sheep Sorrel" and "Wild Sheep Sorrel." Hybrid sheep sorrel shouldn’t be used in Essiac, it is often used in salads and has large leaves, it technically still sheep sorrel but it is weak in comparison to the wild weed variant of sheep sorrel. Be sure you have the sheep sorrel weed; wild sheep sorrel has a bitter taste and tiny leaves.
1. Mix Essiac formula thoroughly.
2. Bring sodium-free distilled water to a rolling boil in a 5-gallon pot with lid on.
(Approximately 30 minutes at sea level.)
3. Stir in 1 cup of Essiac formula; then replace lid and continue boiling for 10 minutes.
4. Turn off stove. Scrape down
5. Allow pot to remain closed for 12 hours; then turn stove to full heat for 20 minutes.
6. Turn off stove. Strain liquid into 3-gallon pot, and clean 5-gallon pot and strainer. Then re-strain the filtered liquid back into 5-gallon pot.
7. Use funnel to pour hot liquid into bottles immediately, taking care to tighten caps. Allow bottles to cool; then tighten the caps again.
Essiac contains no preservative agents.
If mould should develop in the bottle, discard immediately.
CAUTION: All bottles and caps must be sterilized after use if you plan to re-use them for Essiac. Bottle caps must be washed and rinsed thoroughly, and may be cleaned with either a 3% solution of food grade hydrogen peroxide in water, or a bleach soultion of 1 tablespoon to one gallon of water and soaked for 10 minutes.
Directions for use
Heat four tablespoons sodium-free distilled water in a stainless steel pot. Add 4 tablespoons of Essiac (shake bottle first).
Mix and drink.
Take at bedtime on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after eating.
Other useful herb information: Bentonite Clay | Alfalfa | Garlic | Horse Chestnut | Camellia | Lobelia | Marigold
Page Content: essiac tea , essiac herbal tea , essiac tea cancer , essiac formula , essiac testimonials , essiac cancer , essiac cancer cure herbal medicine , essiac canada , essiac tea recipe .
|Site Map | Contact| | ||
This site is only for information purposes, this information is intended for U.S. citizens.
Herb Index at DietList.net Copyright © 2006-2012. All Rights Reserved.